Currently
Friday, August 07, 2009



I am working on updating my previous locations & the blog. But it's been a tough two days. I have been stuck in Santa Fe, NM because I decided to drive my little 2000 Honda Civic HX with 90,000 miles on it at an average speed of 70 mph for 14 hours through four states in 95 + weather. The result of that combination = failed clutches on the ac compressor (I think that is the right term)... what does that mean to me & the project? A financial hit of $635.00 to my budget and 3 agonizing days spent stuck in a hotel room. I tried shooting but just couldn't get out my funk.

I caught up on Monk, NCIS, In Plain Sight, and about every other USA Network tv show their might be... little secret I love the Gilmore Girls. Rory & Laura Li are hot. Thank God it's Shark Week... that made me feel better. I don't think I have consumed this much television in one go in a long time. There is a reason I don't owe one.

I had the same pizza for lunch and dinner, and then lunch again the following day. I tried catching up on my blog & mailing stickers (which is a full time job in itself) but the internet was down for the majority of the time I have been here. Thanks Econo Lodge....

Oh and I got stood up by a guy in his 70's I befriended and talked about shooting a portrait. There were even a couple of times where I just scream, "Fuck!" at the top of my lungs in my room.

But it's Friday night... morale is up. The car is back from the dead, the internet has magically returned, and I am heading out of Santa Fe first thing tomorrow morning. But not before I have dinner with the Santa Fe Workshops.

Posted by Simon Biswas comments (0)