Street Fight!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
I was up late doing work and a fight broke out on the street. Nothing new as occasionally there are drunken scuffle's outside the fast food chicken joint by my place. But this was different... a lot of people were involved and someone was getting hit with a shovel. I called the cops and they showed up just as the perps were trying to make a run for it. Five squad cars total. The police, guns drawn, pulled everyone out of the car arrested them and then hauled someone off in an ambulance. I tried to go down and photograph explaining to the arresting officers I was the one who called it in but they didn't care and shewed me off with nothing more than, "give us a call if anything else happens."

I snapped this from my window. Just another night in Jersey City.


Posted by Simon Biswas comments (0)